6.16.2010

19.100 (thank you)

I've been thinking a lot lately about what art is. Not so much its textbook definition as what qualifies out here in the real world. Can I take a picture of something boring and create a digital collage of it to call it my own creation? I've done this, and I'm pretty sure I'll do it again. I don't know if it's right, but there it is all the same.

I have this stack of stuff--old books, pretty papers, little tids and bits I've saved for one reason or 20 others--and I've been itching to use it. To turn it into something, anything than what it already is.

And so I've started making something, anything. Art books or journals or garbage, I suppose some might label this project. Judge for yourself, or save that judgment for a rainy day. I've sent two of these out into the world, which is to say I've given them to a couple friends to whom I owe a lot of love. This is just the beginning.


Art book #1, for Toni S. (Tucson)

* * *

Art Book #2, for Sunny B. (Australia)

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear Sina! Didn't realize that you had a blog ... what a great discovery. I adore this project of yours. Love the graphics and what you've done with them!
    I'm sure your artistry with colors will lead to many more very cool creations.
    I'm definitely on board for the discovery... your talent will be an inspiration. You will never believe it but I've got all sorts of things I've collected here to turn into something else too! No joke! We're waving, girlfriend! xo

    ReplyDelete